The Village of Flossmoor FREE brush collection service runs once per month from April through October. This service is intended to provide an easy and convenient way for residents to dispose of tree branches from their property. The program will only be available to single-family residential dwellings. Multiple-family dwellings (i.e. apartments, condominiums, etc.) and commercial businesses are not eligible. Residents will be invited to put branches out for collection no later than 7 a.m. on Monday of the FIRST full week of the month.
Collection will take place once week per month from April through October during Public Works regular work hours, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Guidelines for the program are below and will continuously be distributed to residents by way of the Village’s website, social media accounts and e-news blasts. Please note that brush generated by a private contractor is to be disposed of by the contractor. For additional information, contact the Public Works Department at (708) 957-4100.
Brush will ONLY be collected the week of scheduled collection. If set out later, it will not be collected until the following month collection. Brush left out for collection not in accordance with Public Works guidelines may be subject to a citation by the Village’s code enforcement officer.
Items not collected by the village:
1. Root balls or stumps
2. Brush cleared or cut by contractors
3. Any yard waste including but not limited to leaves, grass clippings, compost
4. Any type of lumber, including construction lumber, landscape timbers, fence posts, or other processed wood products
5. Brush put in bags, boxes or containers of any kind
6. Foreign objects such as metal
Brush pile requirements:
Branches must be stacked in a pile on the parkway, with cut ends facing the curb, and placed away from parkway trees, mailboxes, utility poles/boxes, sidewalks, and hydrants.
1. Maximum diameter: 6 inches
2. Maximum length: 12 feet
3. Brush piles should not be bundled in any way (string, twine, wire, zip ties, etc.)
4. Brush should not be placed in containers
5. Brush must not overhang into the street or sidewalk
6. Do not pile higher than 4 feet
7. Do not pile wider than 20 feet
Brush collection will occur monthly on the FIRST week of the month starting in April and continuing through the end of October. All brush to be collected must be set out by 7 a.m. the Monday of collection week, but no earlier than 2 to 3 days prior to collection.
Please be patient as volume, mechanical problems, and inclement weather may also create delays. Various weather events may change the schedule. No prior notice will be given to the residents for any changes to the schedule.
2022 Brush Collection Schedule:
Brush must be put out on Monday by 7 a.m. the week of pick up (April 4, May 2, June 6, July 5*, Aug. 1, Sept. 12*, Oct 3). Brush will be collected from a different neighborhood each month, so all brush must be set out by Monday at 7 a.m. No brush will be picked up once the area has been completed.
- April 4 to April 8
- May 2 to May 6
- June 6 to June 10
- July 5* to July 8 (adjusted for holiday)
- Aug. 1 to Aug. 5
- Sept. 12* to Sept. 16 (adjusted for Flossmoor Fest)
- Oct. 3 to Oct. 7